- My story is a little bit about me, but it’s mostly about God.
- Many conversations can come from capital letters on a bright red shirt.
- Walk instead of driving as much as possible.
- Eat your leftovers before they get moldy.
- If we want beautiful answers, we need to ask beautiful questions.
- Perfect love casts out fear.
- Harboring negativity only hurts yourself.
- Spotify Premium is worth every penny.
- Buy the plane tickets and just go.
- It is possible to survive without a microwave.
- Click tracks and in-ear monitors work miracles on a praise team.
- Ukuleles bring immense joy.
- No man is an island; people weren’t meant to go it alone.
- There seems to be a whole lot of “gray” and not a lot of “black or white” to life’s biggest questions.
- God is good all the time; all the time God is good.
2015 was one of the most challenging and growing years I’ve had yet. I find myself at the end of this year with far more questions than I ever could have imagined on January 1st. This was a year of exploring big words like “identity,” “surrender,” and “grace” deeper than I had ever before. There were days that left me beaten and bruised, but there were also days that exuded more love than I even knew was possible. 2015 happened in broad brushstrokes of stories; perhaps 2016 will begin to fill in the gaps.
I entered 2015 with a bit more optimism than I am exiting with . . . but I am heading towards 2016 with something different: hope. I’m entering this new year hopeful that I will continue to grow and learn new lessons, knowing that even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. Every winter has a spring. Life keeps going, and I keep growing. Here’s to a new year.
[Click here to check out my playlist of songs that pulled me through 2015]